Saturday, April 25, 2009

You Can't Get Away From God!

Did you know whether you believe in God or not, when you refer to what or who you are, God will always come first? I was listening to a Messianic Jewish Rabbi not long ago as he taught on the name of God. Remember in Exodus chapter 3, Moses went to see a burning bush? What he found was actually the spirit of God Himself manifesting to him. In verse 6 God tells Moses “…, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob….”

Now God had some things he wanted Moses to do, but Moses wanted to know what he was to say God’s name was. After all, the Hebrew’s wouldn’t listen to any old god, the Egyptians had many of them. So God told him in verse 14 “….., I AM THAT I AM": and he said, "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” Now, the Hebrews knew THAT name..I AM spells the consonants in their name for God, “YHWH” (They did not use vowels.)

God told Moses “I AM the God of……” and “My name is “I AM”. If you think about it, that covers EVERYTHING! Now, here is my point: when referring to yourself, God’s creation, you HAVE to put God first, you have no choice! I’ll show you!

I AM a Christian. I AM fifty years old. I AM a human being. I AM excited about spreading the Gospel. I AM a firefighter. I AM a doctor. I AM a preacher. I AM saved.…..Now here are a few more examples:

I AM lost. I AM a sinner. And even this one, I AM an atheist! See, God goes before all of us! We only need to show others where He is. He ALWAYS comes first. Why? Because He is God!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this posting about I AM! I've heard my pastor talk about this many times, however, I don't think I've ever seen it the way you put it with the examples. Well done.
    Brandi V.

    ReplyDelete