Saturday, November 12, 2016

That Still Small Voice

I am a deer hunter, as was my father before me. But it is not so much the deer as the prize, but the time I spend with God's natural wonders. This cold, crisp morning the sun rose bright in a cloudless, clear blue sky as I sat in my blind. During the day, I enjoyed squirrels, birds and a few late season insects flitting about. But the icing on the cake was at 5:10 ET, 4:10 CT when in broad daylight, the super moon rose over the cornfield on my farm. I was in total awe of God's wonder and I felt a still small voice whisper to me, "I'm still here and in control."
I left the blind without seeing a deer all day, but I was eternally blessed for just a solitary moment alone with my Creator, who spoke to my soul as He has to so many throughout the ages. And He will to you also, if you just admire His handiwork.

1 comment: