Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Year come and gone......

Where has time gone? It seems like only yesterday. Why I remember when.., In my day..

We hear those words a lot this time of year. I used to laugh at what I considered the old folks when they would say those things. Now I find myself saying them more and more. I would laugh at my mother’s music from the 1950’s as they played on the golden oldies stations. Songs such as Little Eva’s “Locomotion” and Chubby Checker's “The Twist” were songs I made fun of. But now I hear what we called the ‘80’s Big Hair music as well as some ‘90’s music on classic radio. I myself was a “Sony Crockett of Miami Vice” type guy. I admit it did get cold here in Kentucky in the winter running around without socks, wearing “linen” suits. But the world keeps changing. New generations come and go. Music trends we thought would never end prove seasonal. The one thing I have found that does not change is the Word of God. He and His Word remain the same forever. I find that knowledge comforting in a fast paced world. How about you?

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Ephesians 5:1-2 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour

Now go and be a good witness for Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment