Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Message from Bro. Beauregard from July '09

Nahum 2:6 The gates of the rivers shall be opened, and the palace shall be dissolved.

My Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I asked the Lord for guidance for this week’s bible verse and message. My heart aches when I am led to these, as I am more and more these days, because I see this country turning the way of Sodom and Gomorrah. I see the Lord coming to us, judging and passing sentence as He said in this verse to Nineveh. The same as he proclaimed to Sodom and Gomorrah. There is a time when His vengeance will not be stayed. Intercessory prayer will be to no avail and the great and terrible day of the Lord will arise.

The Prophet Nahum came some time after Jonah, who had warned Nineveh before. They had repented, giving God pause in His wrath against them. But they turned once more from Him, and now the time had come. The above verse says it all. Will the gates be opened against our country? Verse 1:6 asks “Who can stand before His indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of His anger?”

The hope comes in Verse 1:7 “The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.”

We have hope that, even though we may see his anger, He will keep us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment