Thursday, December 4, 2014

Throwing You A Bone, by Toby



   This month my Poppy said I could put my paws to the keypad and take his place because this tine of year is a big job. So I thought I’d tell you about us and how we relate to God.
     My Poppy and Momma got me three years ago when I was just six weeks old. I fit in his hand and depended on him to take care of all my needs, even taking care of my accidents (oops). I slept in his lap because I felt secure there. I needed him to not get angry if I made a mistake or got into stuff, because I didn’t know better. But most of the time he kept his cool and tried to train me right. Sometimes Momma had to remind him I was just a baby, (mommas are good for that) and to have patience, Poppy kept saying he made a prayer about that one time, and God was giving him lots of practice.
   As I grew Poppy taught me how to do fun tricks, (and get tasty treats) and I try hard to please him. I love my Frisbee the most; it is the best toy in the world. Poppy lets me go bird hunting with him, and swimming and jeep rides because he said we are buddies.
   I’m not the bravest dog, so when I’m not sure about something or get scared, I run to him for protection. Sometimes he laughs because I peek around his legs from behind and he tells me he wouldn’t let anything get me. I trust him.
   My favorite place in the whole world is lying at his feet. To think about it, my favorite place is wherever he is. I’ve seen my Poppy get tears in his eyes, because he said that is how he feels about God and God gave me to Poppy to remind him how he should feel towards God. I don’t know about such things. But when Poppy gets on his knees to pray, I try to fold my paws too and be quiet, because I know he’s talking to his Master.

   I know my master loves me, and I know Poppy’s Master loves him. I get treats, he get’s blessings. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment